Technologies of Vision: developed technologies
systemsCOMPASS - COMPuter Aided Search System. Image browser.
PiD - Person iDentification. Patent US 5,412,738 and EU EP582989.
MEMORI - Memory-based Image Retrieval by content analysis.
SmarTrack - SmarT Tracking of people. Patent US 7,965,867 (in EU: pending)
SpotIt! - a system for the creation of photographic quality face composites. Patent US 5,764,790.
TIE - text information extraction - Text In Scene: a method for text detection and segmentation in generic images.
SCOCA - System for COunting, Classifying and tracking Automatically vehicles in a road intersection.
VIDEO - Interactive system for semi-automated indexing and browsing of video material.
patents and current patent applications
- O. Lanz, S. Messelodi (EP 2302589) Method for Efficient Target Detection from Images robust to Occlusion  v-EP
- O. Lanz, S. Messelodi (US 8436913) - Method for Efficient Target Detection from Images robust to Occlusion  v-US
- O. Lanz (US 7965867) Method and Apparatus for Tracking a Number of Objects or Object Parts in Image Sequences  v-US
- O. Lanz (EU Application EP20060116896, pending) - Method and Apparatus for Tracking a Number of Objects or Object Parts in Image Sequences  v-EP
- R. Brunelli, O. Mich (US 5764790) Method of storing and retrieving images of people, for example, in photographic archives and for the construction of identikit images  v-US
- R. Brunelli, D. Falavigna, T. Poggio, L. Stringa (US 5412738) Recognition system, particularly for recognising people  v-US
- R. Brunelli, D. Falavigna, T. Poggio, L. Stringa (EP 0582989) A recognition system for recognising people  v-EP
- T.A. Poggio, R. Brunelli (US 5416899) Memory-based method and apparatus for computer graphics  v-US
- T.A. Poggio, R. Brunelli (EP 621969) Memory-based method and apparatus for computer graphics  v-EP
- T.A. Poggio, R. Brunelli (WO/1993/014467) Memory-based method and apparatus for computer graphics 
some demosSpotIt! (downloadable interactive demo of the system)
People tracking - A mpeg video ( 11 669 504) illustrating how SmarTrack works.
Multibody Tracking, mpg movie of tracking of 5 people with occlusions.
SCOCA demo, a screen recording session in Flash format of a short sequence of traffic analysis.
Video example of SCOCA output (detection, tracking, classification of vehicles).
Text in scenes (localization of text lines in scenes: examples)
codeTemplate Matching Techniques in Computer Vision: the Code Companion
related to the R. Brunelli book Template Matching Techniques in Computer Vision: Theory and Practice,
For information please contact
Oswald Lanz | FBK-irst, Povo, via Sommarive 18, I-38123 Trento, Italy | e-mail l a n z (at) fbk . eu